About this Blog
The blog helped to raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of Web resources. The main target audience for the blog were policy makers and practitioners working in institutional Web teams with responsibilities for the management of Web content.
Content published on the blog was provided by members of the project team.
About the JISC PoWR Project
The project “organised workshops and produced a handbook that specifically addresses digital preservation issues that are relevant to the UK HE/FE web management community“. For further information, see the ITT page on the JISC website.
The members of the JISC PoWR team were:
- Brian Kelly (UKOLN) – Project Director
- Ed Pinsent (ULCC) – Project Manager
- Marieke Guy (UKOLN)
- Kevin Ashley (ULCC)
- Richard Davis (ULCC)
- Jordan Hatcher (OpenContentLawyer)
Note that the following Twitter-friendly summaries of the JISC PoWR project and the main deliverables have been provided:
- JISC PoWR: providing guidance on best practices for the preservation of Web resources Note 85 chars (55 spare)
- JISC PoWR’s Handbook on Web preservation published in Jul 2010: http://bit.ly/iF0eeh Note 85 chars (55 spare)
- JISC PoWR’s Guide to Web Preservation published in Nov 2008: http://bit.ly/iF0eeh Note 81 chars (59 spare)
The contact details for this project and blog are given below.
Marieke Guy or Brian Kelly
University of Bath